Thursday, April 9, 2015

How Many Books Can a Book Chick Buy?

"How much wood can a woodchuck chuck" in my world just got translated into "How many books can a book chick buy?"

As strange as this must sound being the book-a-holic that I am, I just really discovered Goodreads.  I started an account a while ago and uploaded a couple of books but didn't really go back.  Well, Amazon has a new feature to sync your purchased books to the Goodreads "My Books" area.  So I figure, why not...until...1,925 books later, I am hyperventilating.

That is right folks, 1,925 books purchased and read in the last 4 years.  Holy Frijoles, Batman!  That is an average of 481 books per year.   An average of 40 books per month for 48 months.  That means more than a book a day for 4 years.  Wow...just WOW!

Now this doesn't account for novellas but it also doesn't account for the sets!  I have a lot of sets!

O blessed Kindle app!  No wonder you run so slow!

So needless to say, I think it is time to revisit my collection and see what gems I can find to re-read.

My hubby and bank account will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment