Sunday, July 29, 2012

Don't watch "The Watch"

Movie: The Watch
Starring: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and Richard Ayoade

Where to start?  Hmmmm.  Let's go with my rating based on our standard questions

  1. Would we pay full price to see this movie in the theater? 
    • Sadly, we did pay full price to see this in the theater and are really ticked off that we did.  Soooo not worth it.  I wouldn't recommend seeing this in the theater at all.  Potentially, not seeing it at all would be a good choice.  BUT, we had to kill time and Expendables II was not out yet and we had either a) seen all the other movies in the theater we wanted to see or b) they were not showing during the time frame we had open.
  2. Would we buy the DVD?  Full price or Discount Bin?
    • Not just no but h-e-double-hockey-sticks no.  Will not be purchasing ever.  
Now, let me tell you why.
- I am not a big Ben Stiller fan but thought the script and the rest of the cast ensemble might be able to pull this off.  I was wrong.
- The only thing worth seeing in this was Vince Vaughn.  As good as he was, he just couldn't carry this whole movie by himself.
- Jonah Hill was just plain creepy and not "he was acting the character creepy" but "I think his weight loss might have turned him stalker crazy".

I am not going to waste any more of my time on this because it was just that bad.  If you have seen the trailer, you have seen most of the good parts of this film.  If it comes on TV for free, I will be changing the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment