Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gotta love a Chase

Author: Lauren Dane  Series: The Chase Brothers

First off, let me just ask.  $5 pitcher of beer on a Friday night and there is change to be had by the server. Where is this bar and why am I not there?

The 4 books in this series are easy to read.  I love family and how important it is to all the characters.  The fact that it is a focal point makes me really happy.  And I am glad the Chase boys are able to transfer from serial daters to monogomous so easily. 

Tate in the 4th book was my favorite leading lady in the series because being short and curvy and looking in the mirror and acknowledging that she is lovely but not gorgeous is something I can relate to but as my hubby so lovingly points out to me...one person's Rosie O'Donnell is another person's Audrey Hepburn.  He thinks I am beautiful.  I think he is mistaken but who am I to argue or burst his bubble. 

But, I have to give it up to Polly Chase, the family matriarch.  That woman marches to the beat of her own drum and demands people step in line.  Apparently that kind of hutspa comes with age and I am not quite there yet.  That and I just have no desire to spend the time and investment in to the hairspray it takes to keep her helmet hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment